How to Join
LunarDAO architecture is based on Moloch V3 design,
deployed by DAOhaus and customized to fit LunarDAO governance.
- It is recommended to anonymize your assets
before joining the DAO.
- Go to the Staking page. The entry is permissionless, but only opened
between April 16th, 17:00 UTC and April 30th, 17:00 UTC.
- $VOX represent the members share of the treasury as well as their voting power (voting
power can be delegated as well).
- $VOX (shares) are non-transferable.
- Everyone's entry price is the same: 1 ETH = 100 $VOX (- 0.25% admin fees).
- The minimum tribute in order to join the DAO as a Squad member is 0.1 ETH which equals 10 $VOX (shares).
- Admin/management fee on entry of 0.25% is paid to the Stewards' (core-team) account from
every tribute in the form of $VOX for the DAO
Read LunarDAO Manifesto and the whitepaper to know more about LunarDAO: Mission, Governance, DAO architecture and the smart contracts overview. To learn about the
plans, check out the Roadmap.
This is the initial governance setup for LunarDAO (changes can be proposed
- LIP (LunarDAO Improvement Proposal): A proposal is created and shared with the community.
Use the template in LIP-0001.
- Forum discussions: A thread is created on the forum, where the LIP is discussed. The proposal should
be announced at least 7 days before voting.
- Voting: A proposal is submitted on-chain and the voting is opened for 72h.
- Grace Period: Follows voting for another 72h. Members can exit the DAO with their funds if
they don't want to be affected by the decision.
- Execution: Proposals are submitted on chain, hence the changes will apply automatically
with pushing the execution button.
- If treasury unrelated: Stewards update the documents.
LunarDAO deployed a Sentinel committe (a multi-sig safe)
as a veto agent. At the same time the DAO architecture itself is based on Moloch V3 primitive with a full on-chain execution.
This contradiction is solved by a design where the main LunarDAO
treasury is a Gnosis Safe with two signers of which only one is needed for an execution (1/2). The two
- 1. LunarDAO Squad: a Moloch V3 DAO, Contract
- 2. LunarDAO Sentinels: Gnosis safe
In this setup all the proposals are submitted, voted upon and (after grace period) executed on-chain without any
Sentinel interaction. Only in the case of a malicious
proposal, the Sentinels can step in and reject the proposal. Five Sentinel members must sign in their safe in order to
make a veto execution in the LunarDAO treasury.